Sunday, February 7, 2016

VOLVER (2006, SPAIN)

FILMS FROM THE 21st CENTURY
(Post 33 of 50)

Some quick takes on the most relatively recent listings from the
1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die list


All right, I admit it...I'm writing my opinions on Volver about three months after I saw it...What was it about again? Where's that Wikipedia article?

Oh, yeah! (I'm looking on Wikipedia) It's Penelope Cruz in that Almodovar film. Penelope Cruz and her sister and her aunt keep seeing Penelope's dead mother. Oh and oh, God! The part with her daughter and the step-father and the secrets and the hiding of the body and all that. And wasn't there a transsexual in there somewhere? There always seems to be a transsexual somewhere in Almodovar movies...and the affair and the fire...Yes, this one was pretty good. I just might want to take more notes next time.

Though my favorite Almodovar film is still The Skin I Live In.


No comments:

Post a Comment